Hectors in Kingston is nestled at the foot of the Hector Mountains, an ideal stopover between Queenstown and Milford Sound.
Kingston is at the start/end of the Round the Mountains Cycle trail. Enjoy our woodland park, full of birdsong, with the Kingston Creek meandering through it. Weâ€™re planting herbs for you to pick, and wildflowers, native trees and shrubs.
If you want old-world charm and simplicity, we offer a variety of accommodation options:
- Modern self-contained motel, opposite Reserve, spacious, two with spa baths
- Retro-style cottages, unique, decorated in kiwi style, self-contained or basic
- Self-contained fully equipped 60s style holiday house with its own garden, sleeps up to 6 people in two bedrooms and has separate sunroom
- Spacious, secluded campervan or tent sites, under the trees or beside the Creek
- Holiday park facilities, fully equipped kitchen/dining room, internet, TV room, laundry, dump station, free guest BBB, free showers
Kingston is a small town at the southern end of Lake Wakatipu â€“ visit us before the developers find us! Kingston offers:Â
- Home of the historic Kingston Flyer Vintage Steam Train
- Nine-hole golf course
- Walking tracks
- CafÃ©/bar opposite Hectors
- Post/grocery shop
- Starry skies
- Photograph friendly
- Friendly locals
At Hectors we welcome independent travelers who want to stay somewhere a little bit different. Kia Ora!