The Bridge to Nowhere Ride is one of the North Island's best -- a true adventure ride through remote Whanganui National Park bush. This is a two night self guided trip that allows you to experience the fantastic Bridge to Nowhere / Mangapurua Track and a night at the remote Bridge to Nowhere Lodge. This Adventure Ride is a must for all mountain biking enthusiasts.
Included in this Cycle Experience is a night in Raetihi before you ride and a night at the Bridge to Nowhere Lodge deep in the Whanganui National Park. You'll ride the trail on one day before arriving at the Bridge to Nowhere where a jetboat will jet you down the river to the Lodge. Dinner, bed and breakfast are included.
Itinerary: Day One
This is a really big day and you'll want to get an early 8.00 am start. From Raetihi Holiday Park you'll cycle 40km down a back country road to the start of the track - the first half is mostly downhill fun on a sealed road. The road narrows and breaks into gravel. Allow yourself 1.5 - 2 hours to reach the signposted start of “Mangapurua Road”. Alternatively for a shorter ride, you can add on Transport to the start of the track.
All going well, it should take you about 3 – 5 hours to ride the next 38km along the Mangapurua Track to the Bridge to Nowhere where the jet boat waits for you. You and your bikes will be transported down to the Bridge to Nowhere Lodge where you can take a well deserved hot shower, have a beer and a hearty meal.
• 1 x night cabin accommodation at Raetihi Holiday Park.
• 1 x full dinner/bed and breakfast/accommodation at Bridge to Nowhere Lodge.
• Jet boat transfers from Mangapurua/Bridge to Nowhere River landing down to Bridge to Nowhere Lodge and to Pipiriki the following day.
• Transportation of bikes to Pipiriki.
• Transfer to Raetihi Holiday Park from Pipiriki
• Transportation of overnight bag to Bridge to Nowhere Lodge.
• Map supplied.
Bridge to Nowhere can provide you with a complete Whanganui National Park experience.